What Can I Other Fish Can Go With Neon Tetras?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jay23

Reaction score
hi i have just set up my tropical fish tank and so far i have 5 neon tetras and one siamese fighting fish. does anyone know what other fish can go with these.

This is what I found from another fish site:
"Betta buddies would include the slower neon or cardinals tetras. They like platies. swords and mollies. (And love dining on their babies.)
Or even a limited number of smaller yet streaky zebra danios. Those would be some fish compatible with bettas."

How big is your tank? That's the main restriction when it comes to choosing tankmates really.

Just a quick rule i follow when choosing fish. As for the sizes etc of fish If they can fit a fish in their mouth they probably will eat it.

Also if i remember because of you fighting fish, any fish with a fan like style tail will be attacked by it due to the fighters nature. I found that neons tetras go ok with many fish if they have enough room to move and places to hide. I have a koi angelfish thats around 6 inched big now and I have kept tetra neons in the tank with it in the past with no worries.

Hope this helps you out a little
Good luck

Hmm. not room for a great deal else then. I'd maybe add a couple more neons to make a proper shoal, or perhaps some snails or small shrimp.

+1! and definitely not big enough for danios. hope you find something you like!

L :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back