what can I keep with my senegal bichirs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ameliagb

Reaction score
Hi! okay so I have a bowfront tank of like 50 ish gal with 2 senegal bichirs one grey one and one albino both fairly small but the grey one growing at a kind of noticeable rate as well as 1 pink and 1 blue convict.

the tank is very natural looking and heavily planted with a set up of rock caves and a big thing of driftwood and more caves on top of that against the bow front with lots of floor room behind that and on the sides. they have alot of places to hide and take full advantage.

my tank looks empty most of the time bc of this, is there anything cool that doesnt get too big (i dont wanna overcrowd my tank) i can keep with my oddball and my convicts? thanks

Any idea how hard the water is (GH) and what the pH is?
What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

Depending on water you might be ok with a couple of blue, gold or pearl gouramis, or possible some of the bigger rainbowfish. There is more info on rainbowfish at the following link.
http://rainbowfish.angfaqld.org.au/Melano.htm

I kept mine with a morgunda gudgeon. Colorful, lively and not too big but big enough to not be at all threatened by the bichirs

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Your combination of present fish excludes any others being added. This is the problem with "unique" or "special" fish like bichirs and convict cichlids...they limit options unless the tank is very much larger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back