What Camera Do You Use?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The pic of your tank you used in the TOTM...soo clear it could be used in a Calender..

Blimey... :blush: i am honoured that you think that... Hope you voted accordingly... ;) :lol:

My camera is a Sony WS-310... proper low end bog standard model that i got from Tesco when they were flogging them off for £25 a piece... :lol: :D

All this exposure, ISO, EV blah blah blah is waaaaaay over my head.

TBH, that tank always takes good pictures no matter what camera i use, even on my phone they're something decent. I believe it is due to the light i have used on the tank as all my other tanks are alot brighter and the pics don't look half as good... :unsure:

Thanks again. :)

Sony a380 with the Sigma 24-70 and sigma 70-210. I do have the sony kit lens, which i only really use for close up shots.

I want a Sony or Sigma 50mm, they porduce some great portrait pics.

When you say portrait, are you talking tank portrait or human ? Cos the best focal length for human (IMO) is 85mm. Nikon do a cracking f/1.5 85mm lens and it costs an arm and a leg. I had the f/1.8 version and like a mug I sold it to a mate cos I wasn't using it a lot. Now I wish I had kept it. Having said that, my nikon AFS 50mm f/1.4 is great. It can take pictures in near darkness and coupled with the low light ability of my D700 its a great combination. Hark at me, and to think I was thinking about changing to canon cos Mark Evans has got video on his DSLR, lol.

Sony a380 with the Sigma 24-70 and sigma 70-210. I do have the sony kit lens, which i only really use for close up shots.

I want a Sony or Sigma 50mm, they porduce some great portrait pics.

When you say portrait, are you talking tank portrait or human ? Cos the best focal length for human (IMO) is 85mm. Nikon do a cracking f/1.5 85mm lens and it costs an arm and a leg. I had the f/1.8 version and like a mug I sold it to a mate cos I wasn't using it a lot. Now I wish I had kept it. Having said that, my nikon AFS 50mm f/1.4 is great. It can take pictures in near darkness and coupled with the low light ability of my D700 its a great combination. Hark at me, and to think I was thinking about changing to canon cos Mark Evans has got video on his DSLR, lol.

Has to be human portrait.

I have the Nikon 50mm 1.8, great lens, but a teeny bit long for portrait imo (bear in mind it is on a DX sensor so there is a crop factor).

So cheap it was a no brainer to have in the bag.

I have a Nikon Coolpix. You have to time the shots right though, because it re-focuses about every 3 seconds.

I have the Olympus Tough TG-820.  It's a good adventure camera, but doesn't take the best tank shots...can get a little blurry with fast action.  Not stunning shots, but they'll do
smile.png

Attachments

• phpfrYN6cAM.jpg
    phpfrYN6cAM.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 284
I have a Sony A33 and an A58. Love em both!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back