What Breed Is My Fish?!?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BettaAsh

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what breed of fish I have.

I have owned him for a few years now, he was small. I remember he was a strange colour when he was young, but I will admit, I wasn't very observant of my fish then.
His environment is clean, his "housemates" are healthy.

He almost appears to have a smooth white "skin" look over his body, with only a few obvious scales behind his gills on one side.  
His eyes are pitch black, but he follows me around the tank.

Any information on what he is or what may have been the cause of this will be appreciated :)

Attachments

• P7201768.JPG
    P7201768.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 244
  • P7201767.JPG
    P7201767.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 298
  • P7201776.JPG
    P7201776.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 257
wow never seen it before, it almost looks like a blue dolphin or some other blue cichlid mixed with god knows what. will try to get you a clearer answer asp.

looks like a type of carp where did you get him from that would help.
if so than he might need a bigger tank.

My vote is on some sort of Goldfish! A Shubunkin morph? I see the black eyes a lot in the Shubunkins we sell at work.. Bizarre! :)

oh lol I was think tropical fish, you most likely its either a goldfish mix or a lake fish. I don't think your going to get an exact breed for that thing.

It is a shubunkin; it's unusual to see one with so few scales, but not unheard of. It's not ill or anything to worry about.

fluttermoth said:
It is a shubunkin; it's unusual to see one with so few scales, but not unheard of. It's not ill or anything to worry about.

Yay Sophie wins :D

biggerfish said:
oh lol I was think tropical fish, you most likely its either a goldfish mix or a lake fish. I don't think your going to get an exact breed for that thing.
His not a thing, you thing! His my pet :) And I like his company more then most :)
ncguppy830 said:
what is your tanksize betta ash?
3 foot tank.
He was brought from a local pet shop
Was in the tank with others just like him, but since he has grown, his changed appearance. Thinking I might go to the pet shop and show them. Just in case there is something wrong.
fluttermoth said:

I did think the same, but his not colourful like them... or is a little unfortunate? Hehe
As long as he is ok, I'm happy :)

My best bet would be a shubunkin x goldfish, judging by the lack of long fins I doubt it has any commet in its heritage, but it is always possible. I often have at least one shubunkin in with my comet and gold fish mix just to add some other colour into the general mix in my pond.
And just incase your curious my best bet is that your lovely white and black mate is a she
wink.png

oh true?? ohhh lol. I have no idea how to tell. I thought I did... oh dear. Its been years, cant change there names now (I don't think they will mind anyway hehehe)

My question has been answered. How do I delete post?

You don't. It is here for eternity, for all to see.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back