What are vertical stripes on male body meaning?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I placed male and female with separator and male shown vertical stripes for few minutes. Is it like females indication for breeding?

I am surprised nobody answered this.

How old is he? Young males can display vertical stripes as a sign of submission.

I am surprised nobody answered this.

How old is he? Young males can display vertical stripes as a sign of submission.
Yes may be they dont know about this so nobody answered i think.
He is above 1 year old. He is near to 7 month female

Probably too late, but got any pictures? I've noticed that some of my young dark bodied males would get vertical stripes when they were showing aggression in the grow out tank. I'd assume it is stress or aggression related.

Probably too late, but got any pictures? I've noticed that some of my young dark bodied males would get vertical stripes when they were showing aggression in the grow out tank. I'd assume it is stress or aggression related.
Last time i used him in breeding but at that time was not showing such stripes but when i placed near new female after one day he showed vertical stripes like female.
Now he is not showing stripes. He showed stripes for few minutes and then its gone.so i wanted know what is meaning of those stripes on male.i dont have pic of him with stripes

Most reactions

trending

Back