What Are These Cobweb Looking Things?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ok, Sorry for the blur....

Here are the white seed /spot looking things please advise...

******Please note its the larger size spots you see.. the tiny ones are air bubbles..but im sure you guys knew that.. :fun:

Picture485.jpg

Picture486.jpg

And here is a visual update on the cobweb looking stuff....

Picture489.jpg

Those larger white blobs look exactly like..... white blobs LOL, JK. You'd need to help ID them for us by giving a description of their body shape, appendages, movements, activity, etc as we cant make out any detail on those images.

They could be:

- Limpits
- Isopods
- Copepods (I think that will probably be your best bet, take a look here at Melev's ID pages, and inlarge the images for more info.
- or even flat worms.

EditL: I also think your white floss is a type of sponge. If it is growing that fast, more than likely it will consume whatever it is using from the water, and die back. If not, if it is a sponge, you've got nothing to worry about, they are actually very beneficial.

I wouldnt worry about it at this point.. its a new setup.. just keep an eye on it... be happy some people get no life at all :good:
Ter

If the white spots are on your glass they're probably spirobids, tiny feather dusters :good: My glass is covered in them in the places I can't get the mag float to, as are my powerheads etc. Good little filter feeders

Most reactions

Back