What Are These Cobweb Looking Things?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

meso81

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was looking at my tank today and discovered these White cob web looking masses on my live rock...

Please advise.... Sorry if pictures are too blurry.

Could they be eggs? I have 2 clowns and some snails in there only at the moment.. but the live rock arrived 3 days ago.. could it be something previously living in the rock? Or could this be some type of algae?

Notice the white Cobby stuff at the bottom of this rock where it touches the sand....
Picture474.jpg

And here on another piece of live rock in the middle...
Picture470.jpg

Tunicates aka sponges. They're types of filter feeders. Benign and good :)

The wierd thing about tunicates is that they have vertebrae as larvae :drool: They are the closest relatives of the chordates (vertebrates) known. Thus, you are, in a way, a direct descendant of that spider-web thing on your rock. Respect your anscestor! :lol:

-Lynden

wow prety neat to no :D i also have one of those in my tank but mine doesnt get bigger by the hour :(

At this stage THAT could be ANYTHING. If your LR is only in there 3 days, it could almost anything regrowing. Follow it and take some pix for us. SH

wow impressive... could it maybe not be Spreading but regeneration? from something perhaps already therE?
Ter

wow impressive... could it maybe not be Spreading but regeneration? from something perhaps already therE?
Ter

Its possible, I guess this is the glory of having a reef aquarium and to see what the reef does that we normally cannot see.

I just hope gremlins dont pop out of my tank :rofl:

i actually have something that looks exactly like this in my tank, i can only see it when my mushrooms recede when i turn out the lights, but mine hasnt spread as far or as fast as yours have.

Hm well it looks like you have one of these in your tank...Rare species I must say but you'll cross paths once in a while

Spider_cartoon_two_purple.gif

Hm well it looks like you have one of these in your tank...Rare species I must say but you'll cross paths once in a while

Spider_cartoon_two_purple.gif

OMG!!!! :shout: .... Dammit..its not even Halloween.. these things couldn't wait??? and they come as a mated pair like that??

What should I do????? :rolleyes:

Hehee :lol:

I noticed this morning that there are small tiny white seed looking things on the back of my tank... What could these white sesame seed looking things be?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back