Were is my cycle ??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

okay, but why did you not test the nitrates before? When cycling always test the following: ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pH.

I started testing for nitrates as soon as I saw nitrites appear just not every day and was always 20 until tonight. I did ph a few times and was always steady at 7.6

how come you did not tell us that your nitrates were 20ppm? that would of indicated to us that your tank is cycling, and that only a little more to go before it is completely cycled.

I think I did?? On my first post .. nitrates were 40 then down to 20 with a water change! If that’s the case then happy days!!
I have never used bottle Bacteria before and although it’s kind of been straight forward the nitrite being 0 is what threw me After being so purple!! But was expecting the ammonia to be at least close to 0
See what tomorrow brings

have you checked the tap water for nitrates?
If your tap water has nitrates then the tank water will too.

Nitrate test kits will read nitrite as nitrate. So if you have a nitrite reading, it will show up on the nitrate test kit.
As a general rule, you don't start testing for nitrates until the nitrite has gone up and come down to 0. Otherwise you get a false nitrate reading caused by the nitrite in the water.

Test results today look promising
Amo 0.25 (it was yellow with tiny hint of green so recorded as positive)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40 but darker then yesterday so possibly climbing?
Ph 7.6
Dosed tank up to 2 so will sit and wait patiently to see what happens!!!
What makes you say I will have NTS??
Tap nitrate is 20

Test results today look promising
Amo 0.25 (it was yellow with tiny hint of green so recorded as positive)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40 but darker then yesterday so possibly climbing?
Ph 7.6
Dosed tank up to 2 so will sit and wait patiently to see what happens!!!
What makes you say I will have NTS??
Tap nitrate is 20
NTS is New Tank Syndrome.

Yes indeed it is but was asking why you say I will have NTS?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back