Weird worm under gravel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Souperman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Currently I am watching a weird inch and half a worm crawl around under my gravel. What is this and what should I do?

What color is it? It could be a planarian if it has a triangle head. They can be incredibly dangerous to shrimp. If it's not a flatworm, it's definitely some kind of worm. If you see it again post a picture and I would take it out.

It was reddish brown and I will take a picture if I see it again. I don’t think it was a plnaria as it was defiantly round and had a head like a earth worm.

Have you ever fed blackworms? They can live in your gravel for some time.

No I have tried to be very careful about what I put in the tank.

It's probably a roundworm. They can be introduced on plants or fish. I'm not share what kind it is but if you see it again, you probably should remove it.

I would of but to get to it I would of had to tear apart my whole tank.

Well, if you see it again, take it out. Definitely don't tear apart you tank! Just keep an eye on your fish to make sure they don't start acting differently.

I would hope its not Camallanus Worms which is a parasitic roundworm.They are very resistance to medications but also very popular in the freshwater aquariums they are also red .The best treatment if it is camallanus would be Levisome .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back