April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldcazzie

Ice Queen
Reaction score
My best friend is getting married in May and I decided to make my girls dresses as I couldn't find any dresses that I liked.

So, take 2 skirts purchased from ebay for about £1 each (one ladies ankle length size 18 and one ladies knee length size 12):
IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

Add one sewing machine:
IMG_4461.jpg

And a couple of online tutorials from V and Co. and Ruffles and Stuff, and see what happens!

Skirt #1 chopped and sewn to correct width for H (daughter #1):
IMG_4449.jpg

Straps sewn and ready to attach:
IMG_4454.jpg

Attached at the front with ribbon rose trios:
IMG_4541.jpg

Crossed at the back:
IMG_4545.jpg

Add some ribbon roses at the bottom:
IMG_4584.jpg

Finished product (although note this picture was taken before the ribbon roses were stitched to the bottom!):
IMG_4546.jpg

Waiting for mummy to make her pretty dress! :wub:
IMG_4556.jpg

Dress with sleeves pinned on:
IMG_4557.jpg

Sleeves attached and checking the length (which needed taking up a couple of inches):
IMG_4583.jpg

Extra material straight stitched and turned inside out, with some elastic taken from an old ripped pair of pyjama bottoms:
IMG_4577.jpg

Elastic attached:
IMG_4578.jpg

Ribbon bows and roses:
IMG_4579.jpg

Finished headband:
IMG_4582.jpg

If only she would voluntarily wear it for longer than a few seconds! :lol: :lol:

So what do you think? :blush:

These are super cute! Nice job, they actually look like you spend quite a bit on them at a botique. Do you make clothes for a living? If not I'm sure you can make a nice side business out of this.

We have a proverb on the forum:- Let sleeping topics lie (this one's over 2 years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back