Weather loach in horrible condition

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jayjayrace

Reaction score
I'll tell you the whole story, two months after buying my weather loach, I discover that he has a huge cloud of white fungus looking stuff on his backside(I hadn't seen him very often cus he would hide) I panic and immediately buy a 5g quarantine tank. I fill it with decholonized water and put the loach in. (At this time, he can still move his infected area a bit). Then I add API Fungus Cure, they recommend 1 pack for 10g, so I put half of one. The next day he is flipped over. I I hurry and flip him back over to discover that he's not dead. At the end of the day, i do a 75%water change and take out what looks like flesh/fungus from the tank. Looks like it's working slowly.... Now today, he's looking worst. He's now constantly backwards and breathes fast. I try to flip him back over but he has a spasm. It scared the crap out of me, he looks like he's in so much discomfort. There seems to some that has developed on his face. Pls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 216
How's the loach now? At that point, if the fish seems really suffering, I'd say the best thing to do is humanely euthanize the fish in a clove oil solution. If you really want to the fish alive try and keep the water clean constantly, I would recommend two 50% water changes a day, siphon up any debris, and make sure you use conditioner Such as stress coat

How's the loach now? At that point, if the fish seems really suffering, I'd say the best thing to do is humanely euthanize the fish in a clove oil solution. If you really want to the fish alive try and keep the water clean constantly, I would recommend two 50% water changes a day, siphon up any debris, and make sure you use conditioner Such as stress coat

Yea, I didn't want him to have to suffer any longer. Didn't look like he was going to make it and I didn't have any clove oil or such products. So I went with the quickest way, I cut his head off :(
One of the most painful moments of my life

What can I say it had to be done, you did the right thing in caring for it and trying to keep it alive. What really matters is that you identify the disease and wipe it out before it spreads to your other fish.

Will do and thanks for saying that, honestly I was kinda doubting my decision, means a lot

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back