Wasabi, The Pea Puffer!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NeonBlueLeon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm super excited about my new dwarf puffer!  He's in a 5.5g (21L) tank that has some kind of vals (ID would be appreciated if possible
smile.png
), a small bit of anubias nana perched on a piece of driftwood.

Without further adieu, I present Wasabi!

Oh, Hello!

The vals are multiplying!

I think he has a favorite hangout spot. 
smile.png

He's still a bit shy since today is only day three in the tank.
Hope ya'll enjoyed!

I want one :wub:

So cute! I used to have a dwarf, and when I get a 5-10 gallon tank I want some more. lol. I have no hope of buying stuff for my tank, and I am talking about more tanks. Is that how fish work?

Anyway, he is so cute, enter him for FOTM for October!

EllieJellyEllie said:
I want one
wub.png

So cute! I used to have a dwarf, and when I get a 5-10 gallon tank I want some more. lol. I have no hope of buying stuff for my tank, and I am talking about more tanks. Is that how fish work?

Anyway, he is so cute, enter him for FOTM for October!
Thanks!  Perhaps I will, if I can get a real good picture of Wasabi!

I came home and the tank lights were off (they are on a automatic timer).  Being obsessive and excited, I turned them on for a bit.  I found him sleeping behind the heater like this.  Very unmanly noises were made.

He is super cute little fellow, love him!

Congrats :D

i <3 dwarf puffers.    yours in 2 pics looks male, and in 2 pics looks like it has the freckles that are consistent with females.   have you for sure sexed him, the best way I have seen is that the males spots are much fuzzier and less crisp, and they have very apparent wrinkles behind their eyes on their cheeks.   anyways, for only being a few days in your posession, it looks EXTREMELY healthy, mine took weeks before they began to look healthy like that as i had to nurse them back to health, the LFS had them malnourished.

here they a few weeks ago
QKUNJyK.jpg

as you can see the male on the left has fuzzy edges to his black markings, and the female has little dimples within her black spots.  also, the wrinkles on the male are pretty visible and irridescent.

ANYWAYS, you will be VERY VERY fulfilled keeping a dwarf puffer, they are very fun fish with loads of personality and such cute little faces!

OMG he's so cute!!!

Once he gets used to his tank and you a bit more he will be a great little fellow!

He looks like a male to me, though I may be wrong!

That is a strange hiding place by the heater, what ever makes him feel safe I suppose :)

You definitely have to enter him in FOTM when you get a good pic!

How's his snail supply tank going?

Thanks everyone!  I haven't sexed him for sure yet.  I'll do that when I know he/she is comfortable in the tank.  Anytime I stick my face real close to the glass, he/she hides away!

Blondielovesfish said:
OMG he's so cute!!!

Once he gets used to his tank and you a bit more he will be a great little fellow!

He looks like a male to me, though I may be wrong!

That is a strange hiding place by the heater, what ever makes him feel safe I suppose
smile.png

You definitely have to enter him in FOTM when you get a good pic!

How's his snail supply tank going?
I am still waiting for my LFS to stock some.  The other day I saw what looks like Malaysian Trumpets in a tank, but they weren't for sale.  I think it came with one of their plant orders by accident.  I'll probably ask if I can have a few.  Hows your search for a DP blondie?

Its going alright, I'm still waiting to hear back from the LFS about it though :/
Hopefully their order will come in sometime this week or next!

I've been keeping my eyes out for local ads of people selling them but so far nothing has come up :(

What a cutie pie. That second picture in your first post where he's heading towards you with curious determination is so adorable. I'm sure he'll get used to his tank soon.

Blondielovesfish said:
Any chance of a FTS?
Yes!  I'll get one soon.  Right now, there's a plastic plant serving as a placeholder for a foreground plant spot.  I know, plastic plants are sacrilege, I know.

He looks quite an interesting creature, I shall have to read up on them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back