Want An Unusual Fish For New Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sthomas048

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Its been so long since ive last posted here. So im back and looking for ideas for stocking a potential new tank. I already have a 125L tank that im very pleased with but i yearn for a second tank now, but with something interesting and unusual inside it ! Im limited to my local tropical fish dealer and Trimar (online). Id love a little tank, like a nano. What sort of fish could i stock in a smaller tank ? Or if i went for another 125L then what about stock for this ? I love Cichlids and catfish, but now i want something different. Always been tempted by Khuli Loaches, eels, bichirs, arrowanas etc;

So come on, what do you guys think ?

Stephen

bit of a wide question really
if you can have a massive tank you could have the arrowana with eels or bichirs
if your restricted for space then there are plenty of smaller oddballs like dwarf snakeheads, smaller spiny eels or puffers

Yeah, sorry im casting a big net arent i ! I like your suggestions though, thanks. Boy would i love to have a massive tank ! Id just like to try out an oddball fish or two, not just because they look different but because they would be fascinating to watch/learn about.

A trio of African Butterfly Fish up top; a trio of Congo Bushfish (Microctenopoma congicum) mid-water; 10+ Kuhli Loaches and/or 5+ Upside Down Catfish (Synodontis negriventris) down the bottom?

What about a brackish setup, for Gobys? Or something along those lines.

James.

Most reactions

trending

Back