Walked into petsmart today

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I went to petsmart today to get some more betta bio gold (its so expensive). I found frozen blood worm cubes finnaly! and I just thawed out one and my bettas and other fish very much enjoyed it! Plus one cube is enough to feed my bettas my livebearers and my cichlids!!!! Anyways I looked at the bettas of course and I came across probably the prettiest (petsmart) veiltail I have ever seen. He is red mostly with grenish blue speckles and my favorite thing about him he is outlined in white! I love it! I am ashamed of myself however tho.... I picked up a bottle of melafix just to keep it on hand and I saw a poor little guy I don't think he will last much longer sitting almost verticle in the cup. I wanted to take him home but my mom would kill me if I did. Im thinking about sneaking him in tho :sly:. I am getting a new digi camera so be out on the lookout for pics of all my bettas! Sorry for the long post.

Coool, cant wait to see him. He sounds very pretty. I deffinately think you should sneek him in! :p

I will probably go tomorrow hopefully he makes it. He doesnt have any fin damage but he just sits there vertically. Yes he's still alive.... I geuss you can say I did save one however if I didnt pick him up he would just sit there for eternity in filth............

BettaMomma said:
I vote for sneaking him in.
Tell your mom he's....
um...

a science project!
:D
In that case I got 10 science projects :crazy:
:rofl: :rofl:

If you ever see a sick fish at your local petshop (especially Petsmart) tell one of the employees. They'll pull the fish and treat it - they have special tanks equiped to treat sick fish but sometimes they need a little help in finding them ;)

Or they'll pull it and flush it. Heard of them doing THAT, too.

They try not to let the customer witness them doing it, though. Bad for business.

yeah they will put it in another tank when they see they don't have an empty one they will toss it in the tank with the oscars or something stupid like that.

They may do that at some pet stores, but Petsmart has some very strict guidelines as far as treatment of sick animals (fish included). Flushing is NOT acceptable and neither is throwing sick fish in with fish like Oscars. Employees of Petsmart caught being inhumane can be terminated on the spot. :D Also, Petsmart does not sell bettas to customers who they know, or have reason to suspect, are going to use them for fighting. At least they're not supposed to - as with many things, a store is only as strong as its employees and there are certain stores that are better and worse than others.

Javentule said:
They may do that at some pet stores, but Petsmart has some very strict guidelines as far as treatment of sick animals (fish included). Flushing is NOT acceptable and neither is throwing sick fish in with fish like Oscars. Employees of Petsmart caught being inhumane can be terminated on the spot. :D Also, Petsmart does not sell bettas to customers who they know, or have reason to suspect, are going to use them for fighting. At least they're not supposed to - as with many things, a store is only as strong as its employees and there are certain stores that are better and worse than others.
Exactly. So even if they have such strict guidelines on these things it doesn't really matter since some Petsmart have idiots working for them. I know I'm seen so many sick fish with other fish. The betta cups are disgusting and most of the bettas are sick. They don't do anything when you tell them and if you tell the manager they usually just do something when you're there. Then they neglect them until you come again and remind them that dead fish don't need to be on display.

Kiarra said:
Or they'll pull it and flush it. Heard of them doing THAT, too.

They try not to let the customer witness them doing it, though. Bad for business.
Umm, if a PETsMART employee was caught doing that they would be in big trouble. :angry:

mr_miagi32 said:
Coool, cant wait to see him. He sounds very pretty. I deffinately think you should sneek him in! :p
I love that cat signature so cool. :cool:

mm_simb said:
Javentule said:
Exactly. So even if they have such strict guidelines on these things it doesn't really matter since some Petsmart have idiots working for them. I know I'm seen so many sick fish with other fish. The betta cups are disgusting and most of the bettas are sick. They don't do anything when you tell them and if you tell the manager they usually just do something when you're there. Then they neglect them until you come again and remind them that dead fish don't need to be on display.
Probably because they can't get better employees. If you have a local store that is that bad go work for them. Even if it is only part-time I'm sure they would love to have you.

Fat-cat said:
mm_simb said:
Javentule said:
They may do that at some pet stores, but Petsmart has some very strict guidelines as far as treatment of sick animals (fish included).  Flushing is NOT acceptable and neither is throwing sick fish in with fish like Oscars.  Employees of Petsmart caught being inhumane can be terminated on the spot.  :D  Also, Petsmart does not sell bettas to customers who they know, or have reason to suspect, are going to use them for fighting.  At least they're not supposed to  - as with many things, a store is only as strong as its employees and there are certain stores that are better and worse than others.
Probably because they can't get better employees. If you have a local store that is that bad go work for them. Even if it is only part-time I'm sure they would love to have you.
I've thought about that even with our Wal-Mart. I would be so willing to go there and change the betta cups every other day. Really ought to look into that more :shifty:

I did apply there before. I applied there and at Walmart. I have bad luck with finding jobs so, of course, I wasn't hired. They must like their bad employees more. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back