Very Sick Albino Cory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

george4593

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The best photo i could take sorry but this cory was originally in a serpae tetra and rosy barb.tank but ive moved him and 7 other corys into a south American soft water tank, with a clown plec.and.10 neon tetras
I thought i was doing the fish good.because i thought he was getting attacked by the serpae tetras, because he has some fin damage, and i have used fin rot treatment on it. All the water stats are perfect but the kh and GH are quite low. The fish has a very large red mark on his side, the mark is internal and.not damage to his skin. He can swim fine but he's just lay on the bottom on his side, still breathing and when you touch him he will swim off.

Is there anything i can do? He isn't looking so good amd i was thinking of putting him out of his misery because I'm sure he's being picked on by the other corys, he's the smallest and weakest one.

Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
The picture is of the underside of the fish and he's in a small plastic bucket that i put in. Tank is 150L with lots of plants and places to hide in the caves and under bogwood ect..
Also i add peat to the filter, so the water is brownish in colour

Attachments

• Snapchat-420.jpg
    Snapchat-420.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 71
doesn't look good, might not make the day.
he probably has something internal, looks very bloated. but hard to tell at that angle.
if he is still eating then this is a good sign.
i would treat him for an internal parasite and see how it goes.

someone should come along with more info and help about this

I'd put it out of it's misery as fast as possible. Think it is too far gone. Sorry !!! Keep your eye on your others.
To my believe Aeneus are not really soft water Corys, though hardened.

Tailfin is totally gone ?

He seems to be getting worse so i will put him out of his misery, he has a little bit left of his tail fin this is what led me to believe he is being picked on because all my other corys are in amazing condition and never had a problem with them

Sorry. Allmost every ill fish will be picked at not able to defend itself. Could be weakend or wounded and than caught as bacteria or so.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back