Valentine's Day Rams

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LyraGuppi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was feeding the 90 gallon fish when I found that two of my bolivian rams had made a nest!
G5kp2ub.jpg

I don't doubt that the eggs won't make it, but it was fascinating to watch their parenting. These guys are likely the best first time parents I've ever had. There wasn't any excessive aggression, or bites taken out of each others' fins, which is pretty nice. They don't hesitate to scare away angelfish five times their size, nor the pleco that was very interested in a free snack. Here is the female fanning, the male doing his rounds.
nbrH19A.jpg

I didn't want to take too many pictures (it's a rather dim tank, I don't like to use flash often) so I didn't get any really good pictures. I do have any recent pictures of the parents alone, but I figure this thread will be picture heavy as is. The male took his turn fanning below.
Z5h4AXy.jpg

Excuse the watermarks and detritus, I was supposed to be doing a water change today. I suppose I'll have to be very careful around their nest tomorrow.
yKFqO9E.jpg

What beautiful fish! Great shots too! How fun for you to watch this! Please post updates! ...a video maybe?!?!

Sadly, the eggs were gone by Feb 15th. :c Here's a couple of ram pictures to compensate:
wBA8mtM.jpg

eFpY0XN.jpg

And sorry for the wait!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back