Vaillantella Maassi - Rare Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
Sorry no pics (yet) :p but I've placed an order for 3 x Vaillantella maassi :D
Some more info on PKF (but you have to be a member to sign in and read what they have to say).
Isn't this just stunning ? Fingers crossed I'll be picking them up on Saturday!

(not my photo obviously) - from Loaches.com
Vaillantellamaassi.jpg

Very Nice. I have seen those on here before. They look like they are mean, but they are peaceful right?

I cant wait to see pictures :good:

Very Nice. I have seen those on here before. They look like they are mean, but they are peaceful right?

:huh: I sure hope so ! lol
From what I've read (on a few other searches and people who keep them) - it seems they are peaceful.

Will report back and with some photos when I have them :good:

Thanks Cat & Barracuda

:huh: I sure hope so ! lol
From what I've read (on a few other searches and people who keep them) - it seems they are peaceful.

Will report back and with some photos when I have them :good:

Thanks Cat & Barracuda

I said that with doing no research :lol: I figured they were peaceful. Most loaches are if kept in the right circumstances. They just have that mean look to them in my opinion, which I think is really cool :D

Now I want to find some. Thanks a lot :lol:

Oddly, it was roughly this time last year we talked about those. Seasonal bi-catch perhaps?

Oddly, it was roughly this time last year we talked about those. Seasonal bi-catch perhaps?
lol funny that - I even commented on that thread!
Well hopefully they won't be "as" secretive because I'm getting three. Budget doesn't allow more :crazy:

Ohh, you lucky thing. I take it from your phrasing you actually ordered some (well, duh, you do say that...), normally you only find them coming in accidently.

Thanks ! Well not exactly ordered - as much as "placed on hold" until I can collect them on the weekend.
I contacted Keith at Wildwoods to see if they currently had some in - and they had !! They only came in on Sunday. So he's keeping three for me until this weekend :D

Does this species need to be kept in large groups, and if so, are they compatable with black kuhlis? I was looking around and couldn't find much info on them. :)

See, the black kuhli is Walmart's Fish of the Month...... And since they've been known to get some cool stuff mixed in with their shipments, I think I'm gonna keep a look out just in case. :) Not only that, but I've befriended a manager at Petsmart, so I'm sure I can get them to keep an eye for me as well. :D

Now that I know it's the time of year to start looking!
Thanks!

Well - just to say "I got them" :good:

I'm sorry still no pics :( and I'm sure it will be a near impossible task in my large tank. I am going to set up a special "photo tank" soon and will then be able to take a few pics.

Suffice to say they are every bit as beautiful as the one pictured in my orignal post - and look basically exactly the same.

Gorgeous loaches they are indeed :drool: and though they cost a pretty penny - they are worth it!

Hi I was wondering how your Vaillantella Maassi are settleling in. I brought some last Friday & have not seen them since the first day I’m not so bothered about this as it was what I was expecting, so I was wondering how yours are inter acting in your tank now that you've had them a few weeks?

oh wow! nice loach!!

LFS around here have heaps of kuhil's at the moment. might study the tanks a bit closer now!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back