Vacation Feeders a No No??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elisabeth83

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am planning a vacation in about a week. I'll probably be away 4-6 days. I have fry and was told I can't leave them without feeding them or they will die :-( Some people recomended I give them one of those plaster vacation feeder things ...but I've read quite a few stories on here how they really screw up your tank.

What are all of your opinions on them??

Thanks! :thumbs:

If you must feed while away, get an electronic feeder. The plaster feeder bricks are mostly that: plaster. They foul up your water and provide very little food your fish want to eat. Do you want to eat food out of a big plaster brick? Get an electric feeder, and then test it for a day or two before you go to ensure it is working properly and not overfeeding. For fish other than fry I'd let them go without food for 4-6 days.

\Dan

I actually just purchased one of those electronic feeders off ebay...but the problem I have is that my tank has a big black lid and theres no way I can hook it to the side of the tank without taking the lid off? If I take the lid off then I am afraid my other fish will jump out?

Any Advice?

In order for it to work, you are going to have to put an opening in the lid for the food to drop in, or put the food dispenser below the lid.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back