Using superglue to fix ornament

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Platyfavourites96

Reaction score
I would like to fix an ornament and Iā€™m wondering if superglue would be safe to use? If so whatā€™s the correct way to use it?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

SuperGlue is fine to use and is readily used to glue coral fragments to rocks in marine tanks.

You clean and dry the parts that are going to be glued. Glue them together and allow them to dry. A hair dryer can help speed this up. Once dry, rinse under the tap and add to the tank.

SuperGlue dries pretty quickly and once it's dry it is safe for aquariums.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

SuperGlue is fine to use and is readily used to glue coral fragments to rocks in marine tanks.

You clean and dry the parts that are going to be glued. Glue them together and allow them to dry. A hair dryer can help speed this up. Once dry, rinse under the tap and add to the tank.

SuperGlue dries pretty quickly and once it's dry it is safe for aquariums.
Thank you for your quick response. Is there a certain time you leave the glue standing for? I can use a hairdryer no problem. I am glad I can use this! Is there a specific type of glue you recommend?

We used regular old SuperGlue from the hardware. As soon as it's touch dry you can put it back in the tank. It only takes a few minutes to dry.

Most reactions

trending

Back