Using Garlic Extract To Get A Pleco To Eat?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hero

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Do I take a slice of cucumber, cover it in garlic extract, weight it and drop it in or what?

My plecos are not eating and I need to take it another step to get them to! Any help is appreciated.

You could just rub a sliced garlic clove over the cucumber. Someone suggested dipping plec wafers in tank water, rolling in garlic powder then freezing. Good luck getting them to eat.

May be worth trying courgette or butternut squash rather than cucumber - mine have always rejected the latter outright. Have they suddenly stopped eaten? Have they been moved recently or anything added to the tank? What are your water stats like?

If you get some frozen beefheart, defrost it and place some fresh sliced garlic into it and refreeze it they will take it down immediately.

Chris

Also throw in some spinach to it.

Thanks for all the info! I ended up buying a garlic like gel that you squeeze from a tube. All stores stated that have no hispanic customer base so they don't carry garlic extract. Doesn't make sense. Anyway I added both cucumber and courgette last night. Seems the rubber lip has some of the courgette and ate only the garlic on the cucumber... My panaque did come out when the garlic was added but no eating that was witnessed. I will keep chaning them every 36 hours and hope to see some fat bellies within 3-4 days....

thanks again!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back