Urgently Required > Seachem Kanaplex (Uk) - Curing Dropsy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Dear all,

I urgently need to get hold of this product, Seachem Kanaplex, for a prized Betta Splendens who is not looking too good, and maybe beginning to pine cone.

All the LFS in my area (HU17) are stating they cannot get it until next Wednesday, I have even tried my local vet.

Has anyone had experience of this product or are able to get hold of some with immediate effect?  Alternatively, if there is anyone in the trade are they able to get hold of it and get it sent either directly to me, or via my LFS?

I have also written to Seachem UK and am awaiting their response.

As stated to my Vet, when an animal is sick, you need it now, not in a weeks time!

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks in advance.

NB: Mods if this is in the wrong place, please move it and advise.  Also, a thought, it would be good to add Meds to the Review section
smile.png

Do you have a photo?

What are the other symptoms? Tank stats etc?

If you think you see pine-coning then I'm not entirely sure Kanaplex would help? 

Only searched very quickly but I can see Kanaplex in stock here (I think)...http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/380651070030?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&lpid=66&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66, but not sure how speedy postage would be?

How about another type of anti bac/fungal? API, Waterlife or King British?

Did you manage to find some? How is he doing? 
cry1.gif

Thanks for your response, pictures below, however for now I really want to know the best treatment and if anyone has any experience with the treatments as time is of the essence.  Basically, he is very thin with pine coning on one side.  He is the only fish in the tank, which has frequent Water Changes (weekly) and is conditioned with Seachem Prime.  He is still eating and at times is swimming around, other times sits at the back corner and today I even saw him in the bottom corner - which is not typical for him.

This is why I was interested in the Seachem product, further research led me to another forum (which I cannot link to), which also mentions the product.  So far I have failed to locate it in the UK despite it being on Seachem's UK website, I have also yet to hear from Seachem - anyone ever got hold of it/used this?

I have never seen a fish recover from Dropsy, if indeed that is what it is, so if anyone out there has any suggestions for treating it please advise.

I am doing as much research as I can and so far know it is caused by:
  • Gram-negative bacteria, which I believe are known as Aeromonas, of which there are 14 strains 
    Dunno.gif
In terms of other treatments I am not familiar with any that have successfully treated dropsy.
Waterlife have: 
MYAXIN - broad spectrum bactericide- for Pop-Eye, bacterial infections etc
OCTOZIN - flagellated protozoacide - for treating dropsy, hole in the head etc

Another I have come across but have not yet tried is: 
eSHa 2000 - Fungus, Finrot and Bacteria Treatment - again this can apparently be used to treat dropsy.  Has anyone any experience with this product?

There is also this one:
NT Labs Anti Internal Bacteria which states it can kill Aeromonas, according to Google I maybe able to get this at my LFS, so will call first thing.

I have also come across this article regarding Kusuri Sabbactisun, which is pretty impressive.  Again, has anyone used this product?  It appears it is now sold under the NT brand.  

I am at this stage planning to use the one of those above, maybe even the Kusuri product if available and I cannot get hold of the Seachem product, which would be my preferred. 

NB: he has been wormed with the Kusuri Wormer.

I am not a scientist or vet, but have a fair bit of knowledge, so anyone out there with any guidance on the different medications mentioned, and their experiences, and knowledge to assist in saving my boy please advise.

VioletButterflyPlakat-dropsy_zps99f322bb.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back