Tank size: 120l
pH:7.6(ish)
ammonia: dont know havent got a test kit
nitrite:0
nitrate:20
kH:between 10 and 16
gH: between 3 and 6
tank temp:26-28

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Recently my larger peppered corydora has died. He had small blood blisters in a patch on his stomach which then started to look like a bruise. My other peppered is acting ok but has a slightly red area around one gill.
My female ram has a small blood blister looking thing on one cheek and the male ram is starting to look thin but still trying to eat. I've noticed some flicking and some of my other fish have their fins clamped but some are acting normally.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 25% once a week

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Only water conditioner. Recently added an eheim ecco currently running alongside my juwel internal

Tank inhabitants:see sig

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): 3 corydora's but they were added about an hour before i noticed these things.

Exposure to chemicals: only water conditioner

ok well i went into town and got some melafix, anit bacterial stuff and an ammonia testing kit which I'll use in a bit.

As no one has any helpful hints guess I'm just going to dose up and pray for the best!

One fish has a red gill
One fish is going thin
blood patches and bruising
Some fish flicking and clamping.
Could do with that ammonia reading.
A red gill can indicate poor water or gills flukes and the fish are flicking.
Any gasping or laboured breathing.
The blood patches and bruising is septicemia
The fish losing weight is this due not eating, check the anus to see if its enlarged or red and inflamed.
Also check the colour out when he goes to the toilet.

The blood spots were they tiny like red prick marks.
http://www.fishtanksandponds.info/care-mai...septicaemia.htm

Red spots on skin can be caused by:
Regarding the small red dot, small pinprick like haemorrhages (called petechiae) can be due to a local lesion, a generalised septicaemia or toxaemia caused by acute viral and bacterial infections.

The spots weren't that big they were pin pricks yeah.
The skinny fishes pooh looks normal bit red but they recently had bloodworms.
The ammonia reading is zero and the tank is now being medicated with interpret anti bac no 9 and a low dose of melafix.
The corydora that died was breathing rapidlybut the rest are ok.

Ok, just keep an eye out for flicking and ribbing on objects as one had a red gill.
Good luck. R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back