Urgent Feeding Problems

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

silvershark

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok continuing my earlier post about feeding regime, it turns out i dont have peas and my wife didnt get any as i asked her to :angry:

is there anything else that i can give them? i read something about egg yolk...

could do with help asap as i've not fed them since sunday evening...

Tin peas,cabbage boiled, cucumba,bread,guppys will eat egg yoke boiled cooled down then chopped into small peices.

Wilder said:
Tin peas,cabbage boiled, cucumba,bread,guppys will eat egg yoke boiled cooled down then chopped into small peices.
ok, how do i do the cucumber? does it need to be blanched?

Remove the seeds and boil for a few minutes let cool and place in tank with a plant weight and rubber band.

They'll eat hard boiled egg yolk, but beware! It will cloud the water terribly and fouls the tank VERY quickly.

I try to stick to a possible greenies, but you can give fish a wide range

Spinage you can feed them as well, finely chopped cooked potato, courgette, chucks of banana, and possibly small amount of cherry tomatoes, crumbling cheese, watergerm leaves, and even oakflakes

The wonders of books sometimes

:p

EDIT

So how is this urgent? and what fish the bala and betta

I think it would be worth the efoort to get it off live/frozen foods don't feed them for a couple days probally not more than five then try the flakes again or pellets

well they've gone for 2 days now without food and starting to get scatty and look thin, i'm probably bein paranoid but i do worry, i'll get peas on my way home and try a few

Just do remember, that you can gt more foods than veggies to feed them, if you go ou into the back yard and pick up a normal earth worm, clean it and cut it up, makes a very nice snack, even masquito larve released into the tank, is treated as bloodworm, caterpillars as well, though avoid the ones with spikes and long hairs, also you could try breeding white worm

Simple get a pot of soil, which you know has orangisms living in it, place a slice of white bread over the top and every so often check the soil, if you done it right in no time the soil would be packed in white worm, and once again clean them and them release into the tank, and it goes down a nice treat for the fish...

See, simple day to day things can feed fish, you dont have to get them pea's you know ;)

You can find a thin sliver of red rw meat will do for carnivors, however if you want to use white meat always cook it and then finely slice it before feeding to the fish

Yes i tried them all out and to be shocking enough, i have gained praise from the condition of my fish and how active and well built they are, never fear to feed the earth worm, just make sure it is small enough that it cant wriggle too much, if it does, then it could wrap itself around fish and kill them, so be careful if you decide to do earth orm, its the same with caterpillars

I hope this is of help to ya

;)

Zenn said:
Just do remember, that you can gt more foods than veggies to feed them, if you go ou into the back yard and pick up a normal earth worm, clean it and cut it up, makes a very nice snack, even masquito larve released into the tank, is treated as bloodworm, caterpillars as well, though avoid the ones with spikes and long hairs, also you could try breeding white worm

Simple get a pot of soil, which you know has orangisms living in it, place a slice of white bread over the top and every so often check the soil, if you done it right in no time the soil would be packed in white worm, and once again clean them and them release into the tank, and it goes down a nice treat for the fish...

See, simple day to day things can feed fish, you dont have to get them pea's you know ;)

You can find a thin sliver of red rw meat will do for carnivors, however if you want to use white meat always cook it and then finely slice it before feeding to the fish

Yes i tried them all out and to be shocking enough, i have gained praise from the condition of my fish and how active and well built they are, never fear to feed the earth worm, just make sure it is small enough that it cant wriggle too much, if it does, then it could wrap itself around fish and kill them, so be careful if you decide to do earth orm, its the same with caterpillars

I hope this is of help to ya

;)
i shoulda explained a bit more, sorry!

it seems that i was wrong to feed my fish with bloodworm etc so often (always) as they've stopped accepting flake foods.

i was advised to go without for a couple of days then feed them peas or such alike and paniced cos i dont want them to get constipated etc!

i like your advice though! very helpful for future reference! especially now i'm digging my garden up as i've come across millions of earthworms!

thanks

or, if you need a really quick filler, use oatmeal. make sure you let it cool and thicken first. if you dont, it will cloud your tank right when it hits the water

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back