Upgraded to a bigger tank, in the process of cycling now and have a question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Magnolia76

Reaction score
We've had fish tanks for over 20yrs now of various sizes from 10g-150+g in sizes... after moving 10yrs ago, we were too busy to maintain tanks and rehomed all of our setups. Until last January, we started a 10g tank for our son. I've never struggled so much with a tank like I have with this one. All water parameters would be perfectly in check, we would add a couple small fish and within 2 weeks, we would loose the new fish but our original two always survived. Anytime we added new fish, our water parameters would skyrocket out of control- almost as if we were constantly cycling the tank again. So we decided to buy a used 20g tank that was in pristine condition with all the bells and whistles of high end decorations, pumps, thermometers, etc. we set the new tank up on Sunday, October 22nd and are being extremely patient on not rushing the cycling process. Since we've had so many issues with the 10g, we decided to do a fishless cycle without using any media from the 10g. My question is, while testing and charting water parameters on the new setup yesterday, we noticed that we have these clear small globs oin several places of the tank- on the fake plants. What could these be? I've researched and seen everything from snail eggs to growths. Are these harmful? Should they be removed? Since they are single blobs, and well below air surface, I do not think they are snail eggs (plus, there were NO SNAILS in the previous owners tank). We kicked the temp up to 86 last night and read to leave it for 7-10 days. Anyone care to share their thoughts as to what this could be, and how to fix it? I'm nervous about starting the new tank off wrong I've attached a few pictures of the blobs in hopes someone can identify what I'm referring to. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 110

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back