Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Reaction score
Ok had this big um'n'ahhhh about having a bigger tank in the kitchen, it's not a big kitchen but I spend a lot of time in there and in a 80cm gap I had a 60cm tank that was 60 litres. So after a few weeks of thinking, measuring, thinking a bit more and then going for it, I made a buy it now offer on Ebay for a Juwel Rio 125 (81cm) then came across a 80cm Aquatlantis (35 gallon) in the same weekend and bid on that too hoping my offer on the Juwel would be refused but was accepted, then I won the Aquatlantis too (oops!) so decided I much preferred the 35 gallon and have set it up using the Fluval 205 it came with, stuffed with the media from previous tank. I now have an extra 20 GALS to play with whooooop!

My husband was away, he is so funny - hates fish but just walked in and went 'oh new tank? you happy with it?' soooo easy going! I said yep, well happy, feel complete now I have a big tank in both my reception rooms lol! He said, oh you'll find space for another one lol. It's truly amazing what you can lift when there's no help and a desperate-to-set-it-up attitude!

Anyway enough excitable waffle... here it is!
2a9xw7c.jpg

Added a nice 3D background and some charcoal coloured mini gravel
rt2jj4.jpg

ou1qah.jpg

Added water and split my crypts (wendtii and becketii) and got those back in the water
I am hoping they spread around the sumatra wood so it pokes out the greenery more, looks a bit sparse at the mo
2ic4nb8.jpg

63u9lj.jpg

Fishies back in their new bigger home (I still need to work on the pipework placement!)
2lbcfhx.jpg

1zxmi49.jpg

zwey41.jpg

Oh, and I've made the a nice slate bridge/cave thing and another cave thing with slate and driftwood
11sdmx5.jpg

20jmzkg.jpg

What do you think? X

Look ever so bare at the moment but I'm going to order to onion plants tonight, those things fill out a backdrop in days

Looks excellent only one thing I would change which is to get the stand lined up with the worktop but perhaps that is just my OCD.

Looks excellent only one thing I would change which is to get the stand lined up with the worktop but perhaps that is just my OCD.

LOL you mean the height? That would involve more cost and the tank would be really high, not sure I fancy that lol! My OCD is the fact my worktops are real wood and the stand is veneer, you can't have it all though eh! We are moving in the next 1-2yrs so not much point in going over the top with the OCD thing, but I do know what you mean!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back