Upgrade To 30 Us Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pooky

Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning on upgrading to 30 gal tank shortly. I currently have a 16 gal with the following fish:

3 Glowlight Tetra
5 Black Neon
7 Neon
5 Harlequin
2 Albino Corys

I'm wondering what options I have for new, bigger fish, I was thinking maybe 2 Angels (is my tank big enough?). Not keen on dwarf gourami as I had 2 that died. :(

Thanks

Hi

I'm planning on upgrading to 30 gal tank shortly. I currently have a 16 gal with the following fish:

3 Glowlight Tetra
5 Black Neon
7 Neon
5 Harlequin
2 Albino Corys

I'm wondering what options I have for new, bigger fish, I was thinking maybe 2 Angels (is my tank big enough?). Not keen on dwarf gourami as I had 2 that died. :(

Thanks

first of all get more glowlight tetras and 4 more albino cories, would make them much happier. :hyper:

And then you could get something like a bn plec, or some shrimp!

How tall is your tank? It needs to be at least 18" to have angels.

Hmmm, it's only 16" ....so no angels for me then it seems! :sad:

Shrimp, good idea, they're pretty cool.

I want something that swims gracefully like an angel, any more suggestions?!

How about Gourami?
[/quote]

Lovely fish but as i said I had 2 dwarf that died from the mysterious gourami disease and the other gouramies at my LFS are looking a bit sick so I don't want to risk it....

Lovely fish but as i said I had 2 dwarf that died from the mysterious gourami disease and the other gouramies at my LFS are looking a bit sick so I don't want to risk it....

Sorry mate. Didnt see that. Not sure what else to suggest for a tank that size. I used to keep Oscars and hey were some tof the most graceful fish I have ever seen but not in a 30G. I have redclaw crayfish in 2 of my tanks. They are not the most graceful things buy very intersting to watch and have not hurt my fish.

I agree with not getting dwarf gouramis, I would never buy any as it is so likely that they are full of disease and unfortunately for many of them there is no hope :(

After topping up the shoal numbers I would get some more bottom dwellers. At the moment you have plenty of upper level fish. Maybe after you've got some more albino cories get group of a different type as well?

I've got flagtail cats in my 30g (see sig) and they are great, behave just like cories but get bigger.

If you do like gourami's in your bigger tank you could go for a pearl or lace gourami. They don't get too big but are really nice fish, a nice alternative to angels too. You could also go for a couple of small plec's Perhaps a small group of bn's?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back