Update on constipated goldfish!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Buglet

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on my goldfish. I appreciated those of you who responded and am glad to say he is doing much better!

For the tank/goldfish specs, see my sig...

Last week he became very lethargic, hiding behind a plant, looking generally full of malaise. Typically he is super active and zips all over the tank, constantly. Upon further inspection, I saw that he had passed/was in the process of passing 2 monsterous poos. :(

I had recently changed his diet to the sample I recieved of goldfish pellet and flake from Hikari.

Thinking he was constipated, I fasted him for 2 days. There was very minimal improvement during this time. On the third day he ate 2 peas with gusto. On the fourth day, he ate 2 more peas and was looking much better. Yesterday he looked completely back to his normal self and I fed him some of his original sinking pellet food, which he devoured. :D :fun: :kana:
Thank goodness!! :hyper: :hyper:

The Hikari is going in the trash (not because I think its bad food necessarily, but because I don't want to risk another bad experience), and I am going to maintain him on his original diet (flake and sinking pellet) and supplement with peas and other veggies to keep him regular :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back