unusual tank on ebay

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
:lol:

Very nice, a bargain at 99p. Where would you get a stand though? If someone here gets it please post pics when its stocked.

Jon

:p I just bid for it thanks Wolf. Hampstead is round the corner from me! I recon it must be pretty easy to build a base for it! What do you reccon the capacity is on it? He didn't put a hight so it's pretty difficult to work out!

Hmmmmm this tank has potential :hyper:

I think it'd make a great malawian cichlid tank :hyper:

it would fit nice into a corner too...

problem is that it only has half the capacity of a similar sized square tank -_-

its a 2ft x 2ft x 1ft triangle - so its the same as a 2ft x 1ft x1ft rectangle

about 54Ltrs - 12 uk gals - 15 us gals ;)

and ours 2x1x1 sits on my desk in the office, 30mm worktop with 2"x1" batton on the wall and a leg in the corner ;)

If it was at least had a 90 degree angle you could put it in a corner or something... who the hell made it like that? Does that make any sense in relation to its surroundings?

says it is 24x24x33 then it is 12 high. i did the maths it is 20.57 us gal. wish i was in the uk, i would buy it B)

karrihug said:
says it is 24x24x33 then it is 12 high. i did the maths it is 20.57 us gal. wish i was in the uk, i would buy it B)
I emailed the seller and it is 12" high

good luck to all those bidding.

Barday said:
Thanks smithrc, so you have one as well huh! Could you post a few pics? :D
we dont have a triangle tank, we have a 2x1x1 that is the same volume - thats all ;)

karrihug Posted on Nov 11 2004 said:
  says it is 24x24x33 then it is 12 high. i did the maths it is 20.57 us gal. wish i was in the uk, i would buy it 

not sure what you've done there...

the area of a right angled triangle is 1/2 base x height
(in this case the triangle is flat so its not the height, its the 2 sides at 90deg).

so that is 0.5 x 2ft x 2ft = 2ft (in feet)

as the height is 12" (or 1 ft) the volume is the area x height.

2ft x 1ft = 2 cubit feet.

2 cubic feet = 12.45767 UK gallons = 14.96104 US gallons = 56.63369 Litres

you guys are way to smart.... my eyes hurt after reading that.

if u do get the tank u have to post pics of it once its stocked...:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back