Unidentifiable hitchhiker

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dannielleallen

Reaction score
hi all,
New to the group.
I was doing my weekly water change/gravel vac and decor clean when i noticed a strange life form on a piece of wood, ive had the wood there for a few months (about5) but this is the first of what ever it is ive noticed on it. Ive taken the wood straight out as not sure what it is or weather its harmful.
Its a 75L tank fairly planted with some wood and a cave, 1 male dwarf gourami and 1 female dwarf gourami occupy it until the bigger tank cycles (3 weeks in).
Any ideas what it is and how it got there?
Thanks

Attachments

• 45DE4F1F-9DD4-4DC1-9D2B-0ADFD3CF65EE.jpeg
    45DE4F1F-9DD4-4DC1-9D2B-0ADFD3CF65EE.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 59F07D59-5255-4217-B918-269B9EAC9932.jpeg
    59F07D59-5255-4217-B918-269B9EAC9932.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DA0E8DCD-B825-4E9D-A778-6014CB2373B3.jpeg
    DA0E8DCD-B825-4E9D-A778-6014CB2373B3.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 92
Looks very much so like a spider's egg sac. It could of fallen in and gotten stuck to the wood or was likely already on the wood when you added it to the tank.

If you still have it, perhaps give it a feel and even open it up. I would expect any eggs to of already started to rot but if it is easy to open and kinda webby, which it appears to be, then I say spider egg sac.

It looks like an old piece of food with fungus on it what do you feed them and how much?

It looks like an old piece of food with fungus on it what do you feed them and how much?
I feed hiraki mini pellets (not sure on spelling, out at mo) its on an auto feeder, set to once a day on the smallest setting, its about half a pinch.

Looks very much so like a spider's egg sac. It could of fallen in and gotten stuck to the wood or was likely already on the wood when you added it to the tank.

If you still have it, perhaps give it a feel and even open it up. I would expect any eggs to of already started to rot but if it is easy to open and kinda webby, which it appears to be, then I say spider egg sac.
Eewww, hate spiders... the woods been in there a few months and not seen it there before, was boiled before i out it in. Since I’ve taken it out the water its dried and shrivelled up.

It's most likely a moldy piece of feed or something.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Hi

its on an auto feeder,

Auto feeders are rubbish and thats where they belong, good old fashioned hand feeding works best. It also gives you a chance to inspect your fish.

Looks like mouldy food to me too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back