Uneaten Bloodworms

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bex

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know it's bad to leave uneaten food to rot in the tank, so if my fish don't eat all the bloodworms, how do I get the damn things out? As soon as I try they just whoosh all over the place! :/

not trying to be smart, but if there are bloodworms left (which most fish LOVE) you're possibly putting too many in. always better to slightly underfeed than overfeed to avoid this type of issue. as to how you'd get uneaten ones out ... the fish will sort this for you when they get hungry again ... probably any time now!

They are still picking. Might try some different bloodworms as my ones are frozen in double blocks and I thought this might be too much.

Hopefully they will clean up by the end of the day!

Bloodworms are a messy treat if you accidently overfeed.. the best thing to do is turn your filters off temprorarily and using two hands and a net just gather them as quickly as possible.

Failing that.. If your tanks big enough, why not buy some sort of small bottom feeder, or snails, to eat up any extra snacks?

Bloodworms are a messy treat if you accidently overfeed.. the best thing to do is turn your filters off temprorarily and using two hands and a net just gather them as quickly as possible.

Failing that.. If your tanks big enough, why not buy some sort of small bottom feeder, or snails, to eat up any extra snacks?

My tank is planted and I have a ouple of small snails, but don't want too many cos they'll eat my plants, right?

I have 2 catfish but they are very nocturnal - my plec gets to their pellets before they do! Maybe they'll munch them tonight. If they aren'y gone in the morning I'll do a small gravel vac in the area.

Any other bottom feeders that aren't nocturnal?

I dont think Cories are nocturnal

lol there are many dif types of catfish, not just corys

ps: my albino cories are crazy! they never sleep(lol at least i think they dont) they look for food all the time

...and no... i do not starve them :fun:

I dont think Cories are nocturnal

lol there are many dif types of catfish, not just corys

ps: my albino cories are crazy! they never sleep(lol at least i think they dont) they look for food all the time

...and no... i do not starve them :fun:

I know... I wasnt stating that cories are the only type there is and you have to get them, what I meant was that they are a TYPE of catfish that tends to be more active during the day then most thats all.

whenever i have fed too many blood worms (and as a noobie - thats pretty easy)

i use a siphon tube with a piece of bamboo stuck to it - so i can point at the food i want to siphon up instead of the curly siphon tube going everywhere else i want it to go ..... to get in there and siphon them up - which i admit was only a few times - but now i underfeed - if that means giving 2 snacks of bloodworms for a day then so be it - but EVERYTHING gets eaten

Cheers guys! My problem got solved rather quickly when my Green Phantom Plec (Louie) swam over and accidentally landed on the bloodworms. He was actually going for his courgette but he's a bit clumsy.

He sucked up the last pile in 1 go!!! He absolutely loved them! Thought he was supposed to be a veggie but not any more! He was really active afterwards as well, looking around for any more.

I will still go and get some single block bloodworms though. Looks like Louie will be a super hoover! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back