Unable To Log In On Mobile Device

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Someone should get on this immediately. We need mobile access if we are going to get more posts. We need them desperately. 90% of people I know only use their phones or tablets. Very few are using even laptops now.

I'm answering this from my phone.

It seems you've had access all the while, which is great. But there are others that I think are still having trouble. Anyone else still having trouble? If so, post operating system and version.

I have a feeling it's an iOS issue. Did Apple just do a recent update or something? It's not just this board but others I'm on that I've noticed Apple users having issues.

Could be. I'm PC only as I'm still rocking the dumb phone. And yes, shocking that a 28 year old still doesn't have a smartphone.

So if you are not on a phone you aren't having issues logging in?

I do nothing mobile- no smart phone, no tablet not even a laptop. So I cannot comment on that side.

My PC runs Windows 7 Home Premium and I use Pale Moon as my browser. I switched to this browser last year from Firefox when Mozilla changed their GUI and sold out their original principles. I never have any issues with any sites from my end. This one always loads and runs fine unless its a site related issue.

What I am noticing going on is what I call the ecosystem wars which remind me of the very early days of personal computing where every new thing one added would never seem to work. Microsoft would tell you it was the fault of the program and the program maker would tell you it was Windows. Eventually they all got smarter and things ran smoother and smoother for many years until the mobile revolution.

Today the goal for the companies is to get one to use everything in their specific ecosystem/ Apple was first to exploit this and now its all of them trying to do the same. The result seems to be a backwards step in compatibility and cross platform functionality. The people who have it the worst are all those folks making the programs and apps. It is becoming increasingly difficult to have them run well on all platforms.

Like i mentioned before, I use a iphone that has apple ios, and also a mobile that is windows based, both have issues logging in so its not just a ios issue otherwise windows one would log in normally.

Have to confess its starting to annoy me that can only access to forum via my laptop when at home, not when am out or on a lunchbreak while at work etc

Would be good to know what IS the issue thats causing some folks being unable to log in via their smartphones or mobiles.

I'm guessing it's a security setting on the phone. If it was the site it would likely be more widespread than it seems to be. I am currently unable to replicate the issue trying on several devices, even an older Samsung phone I had lying around and a couple versions of Kindle at the house. I'm not sure on the forum's end what would be the issue.

Yeah I've always had some trouble logging in from my iPhone, possibly just an apple thing I guess? Press login button, page reloads and nothing happens!

I agree. I've used Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on my PC's with no issues. Must be a mobile phone issue only. I log in all the time.

I am trying to find some forum reason just in case, but I haven't found anything yet.

Got a new iPhone 5s with a new sim card, still cannot log into this forum :x

Logging onto other sites, not a problem. Just this one :/

That is very odd. What does it do or not do specifically?

Well, when trying to log into the Forum via mobile my mobile devices, it askes for username and password, I fill these in then press enter or sign in, the main forum page simply reloads and does not show me as signed in.

Exactly like a non member looking at the forum pages, restrictions and not the full forum access to chat, comps and my contents etc, just able to read threads and posts but not able to post anything.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back