Unable To Log In On Mobile Device

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm using Android on both phone and tablet.

daizeUK said:
Thanks for checking.  It's still not working for me.
The steps I took are to clear browser history & cache, then go to the TFF homepage and switch to Full Version instead of mobile.  I click on sign in and enter my details.  There is no error message but it does not appear to successfully sign me in (I cannot post replies or use the View New Content button).
This is on Safari iOS 8.2.  What version are you guys using?
Have you tried updating to ios 8.3 that one does an update on the safari app.

No but that's why I'm asking if anyone who has this problem is on iOS 8.3 :)

daizeUK said:
No but that's why I'm asking if anyone who has this problem is on iOS 8.3 :)
the desktop version works for me and I'm running iOS 8.3

Thanks Snork.  So the mobile version of the website doesn't work on 8.3 either.

I can't help but notice that these forums are getting almost no traffic at the moment and the number of members online has been steadily declining for the past two years.  There's another thread about problems with accessing the site from Internet Explorer; I just tried IE and got a page of gibberish back from a random URL.  Although I stopped using IE to read these forums years ago because some of the posting functions quit working for me and as far as I know never got fixed.  Since then I had to install and keep a copy of Chrome purely for the purpose of posting here.

I fear that the number of posts per day speaks volumes - hardly anybody is using this website any more and all these access problems can only be making it worse.

Good points daize.

One other thing, I have safari on one mobile phone, and the other mobile is windows 8, neither of these can log into this forum using safari or chrome or IE etc , so updates to safari makes neglible difference to the logging in problem.

Its pretty annoying, and am sure this may be a problem for those trying to see this site via mobile and perhaps may try to register for this forum.

Again, really hope someone with some computing / forum nous will suggest some idea to try out.

Have tried signing in onto this forum via my GF's iphone, no joy.

But using her samsung galaxy mobile, i managed to sign in without any problems.

Weird, so far its iPhones/safari and my work mobile which is Nokia Lumina on windows 8, that has issues signing onto this forum.

PC's and laptops, not a problem at all whatsoever.

Ch4rlie said:
PC's and laptops, not a problem at all whatsoever.

Internet Explorer is still sending to random websites from Google searches and the Quote and Multiquote buttons don't work on IE for me.

I've just upgraded to iOS 8.4 and still cannot log in on either the mobile version or full version of the website on Safari.

After I updated to ios 8.4 it stopped working for me too
sad2.gif

daizeUK said:
I've just upgraded to iOS 8.4 and still cannot log in on either the mobile version or full version of the website on Safari.

No change for me either, I have not upgraded to 8.4 yet but doubt its a operating system problem, nor a settings issue.

Feel its more to do with the forum server or networking security / firewall denying access sort of thing, as I was logging into the forum no probem at all with any mobile device, its only recently that problems occured, and would be a massive coincidence if its a operating systems since I use both Windows and Safari on separate smartphones, and both mobiles setting are at pretty much factory settings and not been adjusted for quite some time.

I have been trying to find solutions with this for a while online, and no joy at all. Seems other folks are having problems logging into some forums, facebook and other websites etc

I had a problem with mobile login a week or so ago, but it resolved itself.

Are you on a safari or android browser?

I'm thinking security. We recently installed a security patch. 

Most reactions

trending

Back