Uk National Guppy Show And Auction Of All Livebearers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helterskelter

Livebearer Specilest
Reaction score

The British Livebearer Association invites you to the 4th BLA International Guppy Show. Gateway Hotel. All non-members are welcome to attend the weekend, however there will be a small fee of £5 per day per family, how ever this will allow you to attend the lectures of that day and to bid in the auction on sunday. Saturday 17th from 10.300am (approx) will include:-
  • Patrick Davis - My collecting trip to Cuba, 2009.
  • George Farmer - Aquatic Plants.
  • David MaCallister - A talk on two recent trips to northern and southern Mexico,reflecting on the changes in fish habitats and population over the last 20 years.
  • Kai Qvist - One of the authors of 'FRESHWATER FISH BIOTOPES OF MEXICO' talks on the subject.
  • Stephen Elliott - A talk on Guppies
Sunday 18th from 10.30am
  • Auction of Livebearers
Auction of all livebearers, common or rare, cultavated or wild. All livebeares are welcome. Venue: The Nottingham Gateway Hotel, Nuthall Road, Nottingham. NG8 6AZ Dates: The event will take place from the 17th – 18th October 2009 Open to Public: The show will be open from 10am – 6pm Saturday 17th and October 10am – 12pm Sunday 18th October Price: £5 but this entitles you to bid in on fish on the auction on the Sunday too. To download a more info click here or goto [url="http://www.fancyguppies.co.uk"]http://www.fancyguppies.co.uk[/url]
BLA-Advert-2009-Version3-ju.jpg

Already have this in my diary. Not especially into guppies-have only just started fishkeeping at all, but it's on my doorstep, so I'll be there :)

Well your have to introduce our self.

and show us the cheap places to eat around there as it's expensive in the hotel and would be good to get out of there.

well next year we may get one in either Reading or Basingstoke way. Still to be discussed.

Tell me about it. i live in Dorset and travel up north for the shows.

thats my job. I'm at the show all weekend so will be discussing this alot.

I hope to make it to this show, as I've been meaning to go to one of these for a few years now.

Is it free entry to the public? and can you buy guppies while you're there?

Not sure of door fee's depends if we get the entry fee's sponsored.
and yes on the Sunday their is the livebearer auction and shop guppy auction

However only valid members can buy in the auction.

e-membership is £12

Maybe a guppy show in Coventry or birmingham or meridan. Plus, meriden is the middle of england so nobody has an excuse not to go :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back