Uaru Cichlid Major Issue!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CarloM12

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 125 gallon with two Uaru cichlids and many other fish. As of yesterday, my biggest one was breathing a bit heavy and had a lump on its head that I've never seen before. Today, it now has a white circle on the forehead and it looks like it has bruised its head from when I feed it vegetables and it lunges at them and makes contact with the hood sometimes. That's what it seems to me, but I attached pictures down below. Its a tank with no aggression, water quality has everything the way it should, Ammonia and Nitrite both 0, you know the run down. I do 30% water changes once a week, and keep the temp at around 83 degrees. It appears to look like hole in the head from the picture, but if you look closely, it just is an abrasion, and I wouldn't mind to just leave it be if the fish wasn't acting abnormally because of it I would assume. If the pictures don't help, here is a video link I put on Youtube:

Thanks and please let me know what you think it is and what I should do, I'm really shocked at how all of the sudden this fish began to act like this.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_307.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_307.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 139
  • fullsizeoutput_308.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_308.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 130

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back