FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VickyChaiTea

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, not really rescues more like sympathy buys but... just look at them!

The story, skip ahead if you just wanna see the poor guys.
sad.png
I went to (store will remain unnamed, for the time being) and browsed the bettas. This store usually has all fish BUT bettas in good condition. I saw two floating at the top of their cup, dying, a few females who were pale, all of them lethargic, some breathing heavily, and then these two... A double tail HM (supposedly) with severe fin rot and underweight. I say to myself, "Man, I swore to keep my numbers down but I can get this guy. What's just one more tank?" So I pick him up. Then I see a veil tail in the same condition! Sooooo typical me brings them both home, but not before getting two new 2.5gals. There is more to the story BUT I will reserve it for now and see how it plays out.

Onto pictures! I'm naming the red DT Valentine because... I got him on Valentines day! And he's red! The veil tail is as of yet unnamed.

Just out of curiosity I tested the ammonia in their cups... YIKES
miYwqivl.jpg

So here are the two hospital tanks, java moss, heater (81F), and aquarium salt. We'll see if they really have parasites or if they were just underfed.
8RlGwjzl.jpg

The veil tail
9RHAQWol.jpg

Valentine, the DT
AqgZt9Jl.jpg

I don't know much about these fish but this story is terrible I'm glad you rescued them and I hope they make a full recovery, good luck and keep us updated :)

Well done partner. You should name the store, so that anyone buying from them will be aware.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back