Tutti Frutti Frogs Care New?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishychick77

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I bought a pink gold tutti frutti frog but I looked on line and can find much about their care anyone know more about them?? The petstore lady told me a lot but more would be helpful thanks

So I bought a pink gold tutti frutti frog but I looked on line and can find much about their care anyone know more about them?? The petstore lady told me a lot but more would be helpful thanks

They are dyed African Clawed Frogs,

i know that but shes doing good and active playing and getting along fine with my male betta surprisingly being protective of her

as a quick heads up - any dyed fish or amphibian is frowned upon on this forum. It is a cruel and unnecessery process to simply generate more cash for unscroupulous suppliers.

also, the clawed frog will grow large enough to but the betta in danger of being eaten.

so you have a long term plan to house the frog correctly, then?

Please don't buy any more dyed animals - doing so only means that there is market for them and people will continue to exploit that market

How large is the tank and filtration for the tank the frog and betta is in now?

Long term (and better yet right now) the frog should be in a 10 US gallon MINIMUM tank (yes, that is for one frog) and over filtered.

These frogs grow fast and put out a lot of waste. Best thing would be to give the frog it's own properly set up and filtered tank now, not later.

Oh bless! I can see the appeal, i know i would have snapped these up, not realising their dyed! I certainly wouldn't blame someone for getting one, they look gorgeous! If only it was natrual! :(
Anyway, good luck with your frog, i'm sure she'll be ok - they do get big but as long as you do your research on clawed frogs i'm sure you'll be ok :)

I just bought a tutti fruit just BECAUSE I wanted a frog so desperately! I had a regular normal huge boy that live 13 + yrs before he got an infection and I tried to save him..100$ in vet bills! Now that is LOVE..it's been 2 yrs now I miss him. I went to a pet store and they had a regular albino for 30$ not much bigger than the one I just I just bought..he only cost me 8$. I wasn't to happy when she said they were dyed but she said it went away? I look at this way I just saved a frog from a life in cramped up tank that may or may not get get get good water changes, kids not banging on the glass, etc. Right now he is in a 3 gallon un stressing. Like I said he is not big, has a whisper filter. I have a five gallon in the basement I need to drag up and see if it's water proof if not off to Wal-Mart I go!

Most reactions

trending

Back