Turtle Food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Turtles are by nature, an opportunistic omnivore. They will eat anything that they capture and shred into pieces.

A balanced diet would equal parts of small live fish, small snails, worms, small insects, all kinds of leafy veggies and soft fruits (avoid grapes, avocadoes and citrus fruits)

What turtle do you have and how big is it? Pictures would be nice.

They are still small.They like to eat dried worms but now started eating pellets.With time will try to move them to other things too.Please name few good ones.I will check it if it is available here

Soft-shelled turtle, red-eared slider are the most common turtles outside of UK/US.. you have some nice star tortoises there in india, you should get one

Tongue_Flicker said:
Soft-shelled turtle, red-eared slider are the most common turtles outside of UK/US.. you have some nice star tortoises there in india, you should get one
Will try to get.I have come to know they are aggresive.Can you post thier pic?

Yes, soft-shelled turtles can be aggressive if picked up. Sorry no pics here, try checking in google

How about the indian star tortoise? Is that legal to keep there? Dunno if they're considered endangered where you're at.

Do you have a list of available turtles in your country? I can help you choose which ones are easier to keep

I will have to check all that.but not easy to get any of these.

If I am reading this correctly you are looking for some turtle pellets for smaller turtles. 

Mazuri - good pellet food
Zoomed - not as good according to some but has a hatchling formula that has very small pellets

Not sure if you can find these in India.

jb

puneetvijh said:
What food is better for turtle growth?
feed him/her duckweed worms dried shrimp frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp

I have 2 small musk turtles that live mainly on dried shrimp and dried worms, and i occasionally give them some bloodworms. I buy the complete turtle food but they leave the sticks.
I've put them plants in the tank which they havent touched, tried them with different veggies too with no joy.
Seems like mine only like meat. The only other thing i've saw them eat was a guppy. I thought with the turtles being small a few guppies would be ok in there, but it did not end well.

My Red ear slider eats one level teaspoon of zoo med aquatic turtle food every 1-2 days and 4 inch sheets of omega one green seaweed daily. She sometimes eats the river shrimp that is fed to the green sunfish she shares the tank with. As she gets bigger and older, I will be slowly increasing her plant based diet.

Make sure to find the proper formula food for your turtle size since different formulas contain different levels of trace elements and pellet/stick sizes.
And don't overfeed.
Its easy to overfeed a turtle due to their begging lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back