Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Try for the "blackwater" look

Discussion in 'Freshwater Journals' started by Demeter32, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

Nope, she's the only koi I have. Plus she has been super docile the entire time, but I have yet to see her eat. She begs with the other girls but doesn't seem to care for pellet food. I'll try some frozen food tomorrow.

I spent a long time looking for an egg spot on the white one, didn't see anything. It flared at the new HM when she came up to the basket, lots of spunk.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

I was doing a water change in Grey's tank yesterday, and I had this sudden urge to make a mess. So I dirted and planted his tank. It looks terrible atm and I only used the extra substrate from the 29gal. He's been actively exploring the new surroundings.The duck weed isn't cooperating (again) and ugh it's so ugly and bare.
    Grey's planted tank 5-10-17.JPG
    There's 4 little crypts and a piece of hygro (?) that I bought a week ago (they were cheap) and Idk what kind they are, they are still adjusting. Also have a couple stems of wisteria in the back left corner and I moved the pie pan with micro swords and baby tears into it. The 2 baby mystery snails are with him and seem to be growing well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickAu

NickAu Member

Hes thinking, " what happened to all my plants? must keep human away from tank "

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

The crypts in Grey's tank are sending up new growth, it's getting there.

The two baby betta were released the other day, so far no one is getting torn to bits. Still not 100% on the white betta's gender, now I'm leaning towards female. Both the little ones are about as big as the new HM. They've all learned to beg and jump for food now, the tank is looking good too. The jungle val that has yet to do much of anything for me is finally sending out a runner and looking healthy.
    koi 5-17-17.JPG Sorority1 5-17-17.JPG
    sorority4 5-17-17.JPG
    Plants are growing and soon enough the cory cats will probably be moved to their permanent home in the newly dirted and planted 36gal bow front (my sister's tank). It only took 3-4 hours to do, made a huge mess though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickAu

NickAu Member

I want the Koi one, Did you find a DT yet?

6. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

DT as in double tail or delta tail? Yep I got a double tailed female in there, she was one of the 2 babies. In the last picture she's the little dark one facing head on. Her coloration is similar to Taiga (blue HM) I'll try getting a pic of just her next time.

The koi is quickly becoming my favorite. She's not spastic like the others during feeding time, plus she never acts aggressive with the others. Probably the most well behaved one in there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LyraGuppi

LyraGuppi Member

I just read through this thread (I've been following it, but haven't had enough time to really read it) and wow, your tanks and fish are gorgeous! Keep up the good work. c:

• Like Like x 2