True Honey Gouramis?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Right, thought I'd update. I wrote down the scientific name of the honeys at Pets At Home. It was listed as 'Colisa Sota'. I googled, and it has several names and synonyms, including 'Colisa chuna, Trichogaster chuna, T. sota, Trichopodus chuna '. Also known as Honey Dwarf Gourami.

Bumpity Bump Bump!

Sorry but I wanted to ask a question that's (kinda) relevant to this thread so I thought I'd be cheeky and reply instead of starting a new one....:p

The dwarf honey's I got recently are juveniles (only about 2.5cm long) and one of them has the dark marks along the lateral line, but the other 2 don't. Does this mean that he's a male and will develop the black breast mark as a breeding adult?

Just curious cos I'm trying to work out how to sex the lil guys!

Cheers,
Ami

mattbeau said:
"Females remain silver-grey to light yellow and develop a dark longitudinal stripe along their midline when excited (e.g. breeding season). "
[snapback]857308[/snapback]​

Hmm...one has this line but surely they're too young for breeding yet and she seems to have it all the time?

Hope I don't have 2 males and 1 female then otherwise I'll need to take one of the lil guys back.
:(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back