Trouble with cycling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Your blackmoor had whitespot from the shop and did not get it from being moved. If the fish was treated successfully there won't be any whitespot parasites left in the tank.

If you leave the new tank without fish for any more than a couple of days you will need to add ammonia to keep the bacteria going. Without a food source the bacteria will go dormant and you will have to cycle the tank again.

If the tank has cycled and the blackmoor is going to be rehomed into that tank, then move it in today so the filters stay active. You can use the other tank as a quarantine tank and use it to house any new fish you get. You keep any new fish in the quarantine tank for a month and if they have been good during that time, then add them to the other tank.

If your tank has been empty for 3-4 weeks there is no ich in it. The lifecycle cannot continue without a host (I.e fish)

I have added 2 more cloud minnows and I have placed 2 assassin snails into the new tank. The water tests are still perfect so I am going to add the blackmoor at the weekend because I am going to purchase another blackmoor at the weekend and want to place him/her in the smaller one to quarantine it. I'm nervous about moving him haha but only because he's my favourite fish. I lost a fish from another tank 2 days ago (old age had him forever) and this has made me worried haha why is this so stressful lol

I lost a pearl scale. He was around 10 years old. He was my mums at first but she passed on the tank to me because my lad used to just stare at them and she lost one. It's a 20g. All water was fine. I have always done a 30% water change every week without fail and checked the water every week. I didn't want to put anything else in the tank due to its size so he's been on his own for a while but he was fine. Just got up one morning and he was gone.

Hi everyone.

All my tank is up and running with no fish losses! I also have a baby minnow only one though.

I have had a lot of problems along the way including a mass snail problem which my 2 assassin snails are helping with! They have also just laid eggs. 9 in total so we shall see what happens!

I have just had a major freak out though. Ive found a few strange bugs someone told me one was mayfly larvae and leeches!! Yuck! Also orange worms in the sand but got told they were fine. It still freaks me out but they said it is signs of a good established tank so thats good i think even if they creep me out haha

I thought i would come on here and thank you for your help since you helped get my tank up and running and gave me lots of advice!

Most reactions

Back