Tropheops Chilumba?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Tooombsy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys

My cichlids tank is ready for stocking now after rehoming the 6 glowlite tetra my girlfriend brought. Rehoming didnā€™t go the way she wanted with me setting up a second tank to accommodate them lol.

I want blue and yellow cichlids and found the species tropheops chilumba online, male is blue and female is yellow. They would be great, only problem is I canā€™t find them anywhere.

Has anybody came across these before or know if they go by another name?

Many thanks

I can't help you with those particular fish, but there are other yellow and blue cichlids that are quite commonly available.
Labidochromis caeruleus are relatively peaceful and bright yellow.
Aulonocara species (peacock cichlids) are usually blue for males and silvery grey for females. they come from different areas and some are plain blue, other have red or yellow mixed with blue. These are peaceful too. :)

I had yellow lab cichlids before but after finding this species I thought it would be nice to get both colours with mixing species. The ones are found are in the picture. They look nice but I cannot find them for sale anywhere :(

Attachments

• C2DD26CC-D35A-4012-9816-3E86885536EB.jpeg
    C2DD26CC-D35A-4012-9816-3E86885536EB.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 787
You can check out the aquarium societies in your area and someone there might be able to help you get them. Alternatively, check online at places like ebay or gumtree.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back