Treatment For Possible Fungal?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

debbie888

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi there

I noticed last night one of my Beunos aires tetra has a white spot right near its mouth, it did look a big like a tiny piece of cotton wool...which I read is fungal, but am not sure with it being near the mouth if it is body fungal or mouth fungal as have read up in a book I have...I am currently treating the tank for white spot....my stats are spot on, did change from gravel to sand a couple of weeks ago and wondered if it stressed the fish, causing the white spot...anyway I now need to know what treatment I can use for what I think is fungal? Wanted to ask if treating the whole tank would be ok as I do not have a quantine tank as my fry are in that....also would the treatment affect the white spot treatment I am using? Can you treat with two medications at once?

Sorry for all the questions, am just worried this may spread to other fish?

Thanks in advance

Debbie

Is there a circling of red on the outside of the spot, or a red centre.

Is there a circling of red on the outside of the spot, or a red centre.

No wilder there isn't...the spot is much smaller today than it was yesterday...it isn't white spot as I know what that looks like.

Thanks for your help...you are a star ya know that? :)

The whitespot treatment should help clear it up.
If its going down I wouldn't add another med just yet, plus you are not meant to mix meds.
If the spot gets worse get back to the board.

The whitespot treatment should help clear it up.
If its going down I wouldn't add another med just yet, plus you are not meant to mix meds.
If the spot gets worse get back to the board.

Ok wilder I will keep a close eye on it...and again many thanks for the prompt reply.

Debbie

Sometimes spots can disappear on there own if the fish has a good immune system.
Good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back