Treating Boesemani Rainbow Cotton Mouth/mouth Rot.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Zekumi

Reaction score
Reading through the topics, I heard using both Pimafix and Myxazin works well (together) for treating mouth fungus.

As I was looking up about how much they'd cost and how common they are in general, I found that Myxazin is apparently a United Kingdom drug? Other than that, I could find much on it or where to get it.

So ...
What can I buy/do to beat this mouth fungus? Any recommendations?
I can easily get the Pimafix, and I've already got Melafix (although it doesn't seem to be helping much).

Is your location the uk.
You can buy myxazin by waterlife at most lfs or online.
Or you can use anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

You can use Melafix and Pimafix together if need be, to treat more stubborn infections. However, if it's severe, you may need to see a vet rather than using over the counter anti-bacterial meds.

I know this is an old thread but I feel that I must comment in regards to it being a particular favorite species of fish to me.
I have bred these on many occasions and in the early days I would get this type of mouth anomaly. Nothing more than a little cottony growth on the lip. This would always appear if the fish were being kept in the wrong water conditions. Boesemani Rainbows like their water slightly on the hard side and a higher pH, adding a little cooking salt to the water will clear this condition up very quickly rather than the drastic treatments discussed above.
Regards
C

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back