Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

trash.binh91's Master Plan for the Next Year

Discussion in 'Freshwater Journals' started by trash.binh91, Nov 12, 2018.

1. trash.binh91

trash.binh91 Fish Fanatic

So....yesterday I had my birthday party. Boom. My friend got me a betta that I was totally unprepared for. This made me do this: get a filter, cycle another tank, move a fish, move another fish into another tank. And in the midst of that, I'm setting up two new tanks! So it's gonna be hard, and here's the thing, broken down.

Phase 1: Cycle the 10 Gallon

This 10 gallon will be cycled for the Honey Gourami.

Phase 2: Possibly get the 75gal

If I was a good enough, I will receive the 75gal by this weekend or the next, and this might not happen.

Phase 3: Get shrimp and move Honey Gourami

The shrimp will go in the 1.5 (betta's current residence until he moves), and the gourami into the 10gallon.

Phase 4: Move the betta

Either into the 6gallon or another 2.5gal.

Phase 5: Restock the 75gal

If I get the 75gal, it will be restocked in the spring when I have the most time.

Phase 6: Stock the 10gal

Summer 2019, if the gourami has not passed away yet, this will not happen. If the gourami passes away during this cycling in the other tank, than it will be home to a pea puffer, but later, it will restocked.

I will add Phase 1 tomorrow.

#1 trash.binh91, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Jessie J.

Jessie J. Fish Fanatic

Cool! Keep us posted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. trash.binh91

Phase 1: Cycle the 10 Gallon.

So last night, I went out, got some Prime and an internal filter (the space between the tank and wall is very small, no HOB filter will fit). My friend got the ship for my birthday, so now I used some sand (half of it is new, the other half is from another tank so I have some ammonia sources). This phase will complete December 12th, 2018. I will also plant the tank with some Java Moss this weekend.

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/JeuvcZ0
    [​IMG]

4. trash.binh91

"Phase 1.5": Things Have Changed

So just an update, the betta has died off from dropsy, and the tank is near finished cycling. The 75gallon tank will be a long effort, so will probably come in in literally a full year or more. Though today, I have one question. Shall I get more (and if so, what fish) fish to live with my male Honey Gourami in the 10 gallon one it is done cycling?