Tough Decision

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rykitten

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys can help me with a tough decision.

I've had a sick Gourami for a few months now. I believe he has fish TB, which cannot be cured. He has surprised me by staying alive this long. :/

He's not getting any better. He is slowly wasting away, looking thinner and losing color. His "ulcers" for lack of a better word appeared to heal. But this time they are growing from the inside out. :-(

He still eats and swims around, though sometimes he just hangs in the corner and stares into space.

I've been thinking about putting him out of his misery. I would like you to encourage me because I'm really not comfortable with it. I keep telling myself it's for the best, he's suffering. But I can't be sure that he is . . .

I just don't know if it's the right thing to do! I have pics if anyone wants to see what he looks like.

Thanks Guys.

i am very sorry about your fish. i don't know that i could do it if it were mine, but it sounds like it would be for the best.

Maybe you could post this topic in emergency section along with some pictures, unless it's okay to post the pictures here ?? :unsure:

I think if he still has some actual QUALITY of life left in him then maybe it's better to let him just hang on. But then again, if he is having no quality of life and is (hard to tell I know) but IN PAIN, then I'd * coughs * Put Him Down!! :-(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back