"to move or not to move"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishboy04

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey All :thumbs:

Well i have a pregnet platy and she looks like she gonna burst any day. So i put the poor little fish in the breeder net but the problem is she been in there for 4 dayz and i know as soon as i take her out she going to drop the load. That were i need advise form u guys and tell should i take her out. Cuz i don't want to take her out and then have to put her back in there. And i also have a molly that is almost ready to be put in the breed net but i only have two and the 2nd one is full of fry from one of my other mollies so what would u do to minimize the stress for my fish and me.

i think you should let her out since she's probably stressed from being in there. i kept my mollie in the net and when i let her out, i saw fry swimming in the tank. i have 14 fry and they were fine since i have mollies, platy, betta, and a pleco in the tank.

the easiest thing to do is wait until she has the fry and scoop them into the breeding net. it may seem harder but it will stress her out less, and it's not that bad (done it 2xs). good luck

:p I understand your problem. First off Breeder Traps are SOOOO stressfull, Just ask my poor fish! You should really let her have her babies in the tank and then catch them and THEN INvest in a another bredder trap!

Most reactions

trending

Back