Tmc V2 React Co2 Regulator Din477 (Not Suitable For Use With Solenoid)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KirkyArcher

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, just bought this Regulator to adorn my free supply of fire extinguisher Co2,

$T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUgDTBRbqe5QGZQ~~60_35.JPG

but on reading the manual it states that it's not suitable to use with a separate solenoid unit, 
Has anyone got an explanation as to why it's not suitable? I have just had the end of the tube bunged up for well over three hours (nearer 4) simulating a solenoid shutting off the supply and nothing untoward has happened.

Overall I doubt there's an issue. So long as the solenoid is decent and can hold the pressure I'd do it anyway.

The only part I'd be worried about is regulator breaking under the pressure and not the solenoid. Worth a shot I guess.

from my experience FE don't produce enough pressure compared to some Co2 bottles, now if your regulator was using its full potential then yes maybe you will have a problem, but for a FE which is pretty low pressure for a Co2 bottle should be okay

remember the as the gas is passing through the valve the pressure is low, but once it stops the pressure is then high, the regulator will need to meet a standard where it can hold that pressure,  i dont want to say give it ago and then for you to blow your regulator but that warning may be telling you it cant cope with a particular static pressure, maybe the FE is below that and the reg will hold?

Cheers Guys for the replies, I think I will give it a go with the solenoid I have acquired once I get the 24v transformer I've ordered to operate it, but for an added bit of home made safety will install an inline T-piece "blow out valve" (a lightly corked bit of tubing) between the reg and the solenoid.

Hi KirkyArcher! Did you succeed installing the solenoid on that regulator? Please share since I do have the same regulator.

Hi KirkyArcher! Did you succeed installing the solenoid on that regulator? Please share since I do have the same regulator.

This is a fairly old thread, and KirkyArcher has unfortunately not been around for quite some time now so am doubtful if you will get a response from him.

However, to help answer your query, on a previosu high tech tank I had, did have a solenoid on a regulator that was connected to a Co2 Fire Extinguisher, worked perfectly fine.

This is a fairly old thread, and KirkyArcher has unfortunately not been around for quite some time now so am doubtful if you will get a response from him.

However, to help answer your query, on a previosu high tech tank I had, did have a solenoid on a regulator that was connected to a Co2 Fire Extinguisher, worked perfectly fine.

Thanks Ch4rlie. I think I will give a try!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back