Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Title Ladder

Discussion in 'Board Announcements & Suggestions' started by Mr. Bones, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones Fish Fanatic

What is the ranking breakdown, ie; how long are you considered a new member etc. ?

2. Toney

Toney Mostly New Member

Haven't a clue

3. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Yeah...I left awhile ago, and just checked in recently. I'm beginning to see why I didn't stick around.
    Not many experienced aquarist conversation going on. Only help please threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. flchamp89

flchamp89 Fish Crazy

This is actually my favorite forum. Its unfortunate its not more active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Member

Oh not the 'this forum isn't active enough' crap again. I've been on forums for fish, saxophones, airguns, gardening etc. etc. and this whingeing crops up occasionally on all of them. If it's not interesting, make it interesting. Start a thread, go to subjects away from the 'general topic'. Misery likes company and one can always find it if one looks.

6. flchamp89

flchamp89 Fish Crazy

Easy....was meant in a positive way. Most people ive met here have been polite and considerate.

You have 960 posts in over 5 yrs. Ive contributed over 100 in month. No need be rude.

7. Toney

Toney Mostly New Member

8. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Member

I wasn't being entirely rude although I see it may have come across like that.

The reason my posts have been restricted to 900 over five years is that I tend to speak when I have something to say; I expect my first 100 posts were knocked out in a very short time but neither I nor [will] you be able to continue at that rate for five years and still be speaking unrepetitively. I might also add that I was taken in by the last round of bleating and for two years moved to a forum called aqcenter.net which was set up by a group of seemingly disgruntled folk with the same type of posts as the OP in this thread. While that forum is still in existence it is largely unused as far as I can see and most people came back here where there is a lot more going on.

I restrict my posts now to things about which I am on firm ground and have considerable experience, namely Clown Loaches and other bottom feeders as there are other folk with more relevant experience to other fish species. Some, Byron for example, have experience that covers many subjects and I bow to their vast knowledge contributing if, and only if, I think I can add to the subject.

I don't wish to see another 'splinter' group set up hence my original post here and would rather people contribute constructively than just moan. Mr. Bones seems considerably upset that after only fifty posts he has not been elevated to the rank of 'Aquatic Guru' or 'Lord of All Things Fish-Related'. I note that after 900 posts I am still 'merely' a Member, a fact that bothers me not at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Member

I might add, champ, that my post above to which you replied 'easy' was not aimed at you in any way. Due to the way it came displayed you were caught in the crossfire and I was getting at posts #1 #3 #4 and #5 and I used one of your words in my reply. My apologies to you.

10. flchamp89

flchamp89 Fish Crazy

Thank you no worries. I came to this forum because of bickering on others. Its ridiculous imo. I really like it here hard to believe not more hear. I been trying to recruit. Lol.

11. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones Fish Fanatic

Not a problem for me really, i just lurk mostly anyway.

12. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones Fish Fanatic

Just for your info, that was simply a question. Ive been a hobbyist for something over 30 years and dont need the approval of anyone as far as my knowledge of the hobby goes. I have also owned/admin several sites, and this one is not much different than many others now. Facebook and other social media has taken over the masses.

And quite honestly i can understand why after 900 posts you are still just a member. Attitude and personalty have a lot to do with that i would imagine.

13. fluttermoth

fluttermoth The current Mrs Treguard ;)
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

Okay, that's enough bickering, guys, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.