Timers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gnatfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What lighting timers do you use? Any reccomended? Preferable one that can turn on for 5 hours then off for 2 then on for 5.

Thank in advance

Nathan

What lighting timers do you use? Any reccomended? Preferable one that can turn on for 5 hours then off for 2 then on for 5.

Thank in advance

Nathan

I bought the cheapest one from Argos. Less than £4. It does what you want. I have always found the electronic digital ones unreliable and a pain-these are idiot proof!

Alan

I bought some on eBay and some at my local hardware store. They all do the job just fine and are easy to programme. Just od a "digital timer" search on eBay :good:

Got mine homebase work fine and easy to setup, then just forget about them!

Timer-related: Does anyone know whether you can put two starter units on one timer? ie Timer > Extension thingy > Starter Units?

Thanks,

Rob.

Would have thought so, it'll mean they both come on and go off at the same time, but if thats what you're after then I dont see why not :)

Timer-related: Does anyone know whether you can put two starter units on one timer? ie Timer > Extension thingy > Starter Units?

Thanks,

Rob.

I do.

On one of my tanks I have a dual 18W and a dual 30W connected to a digital timer. No problems at all.

Have done it on another tank before too without a problem.

I use the pin timers which do the job but I did notice that your not meant to use them on extension leads. I do anyway but I did find in a shop near me (Bunces) an extension lead that had timers built into it for each plug! I thought this was an excellent idea but it is around £30. Saves a bit of space though & probably safer!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back