Tiger Barbs With Bala Sharks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DavidPenniall

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a big 6ft tank to rehome my 2 Bala Sharks and 2 Clown Loaches... However I have read up and understood that Clown Loaches are in the same 'family' as Tiger Barbs, so I'm wondering if I could mix Tiger Barbs, Clown Loaches and Bala Sharks together? If so what other 'smaller' fish such as Neon Tetra's (I understand they are not compatable) would I be able to put in?

Thanks

The barbs,Bala's and loaches should be fine together. You have to be careful with smaller fish the size or neons as if they are small enough to fit into someones mouth they will end up there.

I'm about to buy a big 6ft tank to rehome my 2 Bala Sharks and 2 Clown Loaches... However I have read up and understood that Clown Loaches are in the same 'family' as Tiger Barbs, so I'm wondering if I could mix Tiger Barbs, Clown Loaches and Bala Sharks together? If so what other 'smaller' fish such as Neon Tetra's (I understand they are not compatable) would I be able to put in?

Thanks

Yes the three fish you mention are all cyprinids and will usually live together fine,
(Cyprinids include Barbs, Rasboras, Danios, Sharks, and Loach)

In a 6foot tank you could have a nice asian biotope, and personally i would up the number of both the Sharks and Clowns and then add in a few large shoals of tiger barbs, gold barbs and giant danios, with a group of siamese algae eaters for the bottom,

away from cyprinids, any larger tetra species, Rainbows, medium sized cichlids, larger gouramis, pleco and catfish should work with those two species

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back